Monday, September 10, 2007

Grandma's 80th Birthday Party!!




My family had a party for my grandma's 80th birthday this weekend. She had a ton of people come, and everyone had a great time. Among the festivities, there was plenty to eat. I am only including what I made so I can share the recipe.

Spinach Dip:

This recipe came from my fiance's family. It is soooo good and was a huge hit!


1 small jar artichokes, blend with juices in food processor
2 packages cream cheese, I used reduced fat
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 tbs. onion
1 garlic glove
1/2 cup shredded parmesean cheese
3/4 cup half and half

Mix all ingredients together and cook in crock pot on high for 1-2 hours or low for 2-4. Serve with tortilla chips!

Birthday Cake=Carrot Cake!!

This cake was so good...and I didn't make it...sorry to get your hopes up, don't have a recipe!! I just wanted to include the picture becuase it's pretty...and what's a birthday without the cake!


4 comments:

Kayte said...

everything looks wonderful Laney! i need to try that dip. i will definitely make it for the next family get together. i love the picture of you with you and your Grandma. so cute!

Lisa Kendrick said...

What a great dip! I can't wait to make it. Thanks!

Great blog!

Ally said...

Your Gma is adorable! Happy bday to her! The dip looks great!

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.