Sunday, July 15, 2007

Calzones...I mean Pizza!!!

Well, I was going to make calzones, and right at the last second I decided it was going to be a pizza...they're the same thing anyway really, right??? This isn't too exciting for my first post, but it's what sounded good!

There's not really a recipe, but here's what I did:
















I used pre-made Pillsbury pizza crust dough. I bought pre-made pizza sauce and added a can of drained diced tomatoes and garlic salt to it. I chopped up 1/2 of a big red onion, 2 green peppers, and used pre-sliced mushrooms. I put all ingredients on the pizza, and toped with shredded cheese (a pizza mix, and some mild chedder). Baked according to the package directions for the dough.





Next time, I might bake the dough a little before adding the toppings. The outer crust was crispy, but the bottom was soggy...could have been due to the amount of sauce though. This hit the spot!





6 comments:

Kayte said...

yummmm! looks really good! your blog looks really great laney!

Jen said...

Ooh yummy!!!

Deborah said...

Yum, making your own pizza is so fun, isn't it? :)

Carrie said...

looks great, I always got soggy crust, pre-baking does work!

Jessica said...

Looks good to me!

Erin said...

Yum! :)