Monday, July 30, 2007

Stew Beef in Crockpot

Due to my less than ideal work schedule right now, I have planned a few more crockpot meals. I remember when my sister and I were younger, we always called it the crap-pot. For some reason we weren't thrilled with what was cooked in there...or maybe one meal we didn't like meant, of course, that we didn't like any of them!! As I look back, it's funny how things change...I would gladly take any meal that my mom ever cooked in the crockpot, and I guarantee there wouldn't be leftovers. Here is one meal that was frequently made. It's very tasty and inexpensive!


1 1b. stew beef (I used about 1.25 lbs)
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup and add 1/2 can water
one can diced tomatoes

Start with frozen beef so it won't burn and overcook! Mix together all other ingredients and pour over meat. Cook in crockpot on low for about 8-10 hours...or until you get home from work! :) I served this over whole wheat rotini pasta, but any pasta will do.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

this looks so good! and it sounds super easy.