Sunday, July 29, 2007

Chicken Eugenie

This recipe is from one of my Grandma's. This is really easy and tastes great! When making for a dinner party...don't let them know how easy it is :)


Unfortunately, I ate too much...so there will not be enough for leftovers :(
I served this with a simple side salad sprinkled with feta cheese.
Chicken Eugenie:
4 chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
paprika
8-12 thin slices ham (I just bought thin deli cut ham in a container...can have lunch sandwiches with the leftovers.)
1/2 cup melted butter (I used light butter.)
1 can mushroom soup (can use low fat or fat free)
1 8oz carton sour cream (can use reduced fat)
1 4oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup sherry (I used red wine I already had on hand.)
Place ham in lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish. Top with chicken. (I placed the ham slices on top of the chicken instead of on the bottom.) Sprinle with paprika and salt and pepper. Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour over the chicken and ham. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about one hour.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Looks delicious! And that's so cool that it's a recipe from your Grandma too. :)

Kayte said...

looks easy and delicious! i love my recipes from my Grandma. it makes me feel like part of her is there cooking/baking with me.

Claudia (The Blog I Never Wanted) said...

Good job laney, this sounds easy & delicious!