Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Goat Cheese Chicken and Red Potato Oven Fries

Ok, so this was soooo good! Although very simple, I have never made oven fries before...except for the ones you buy in the frozen food section! I was inspired by Kayte's blog http://kayteskitchen.blogspot.com/ to try it! They are super easy and super good! As for the goat cheese on top of the chicken...I don't remember ever having goat cheese before all the talk about it on the What's Cooking board. I had to try it...and it's as tasty as everyone says!


I took medioum sized red potatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces. I placed them on a baking sheet and sprayed with cooking spray. I then sprinkled them with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and dry parsley. I think these are my new favorites!!

As for the chicken, I poured some flavored olive oil (mediterranean garlic) over the chicken. About 5 minutes before taking it out of the oven, I placed deli sliced ham on top.

I placed both of these dishes in the oven together on 350 for about 30-35 minutes. Before serving the chicken...I put goat cheese on top!!

6 comments:

Kayte said...

looks amazing laney! i'm so glad you like the potatoes that way. they look great. i could eat roasted red potatoes every night for dinner!

ashley said...

yum. i make roasted potatoes all the time.... sooo good! we don't buy fries anymore

Ally said...

Yum, love the way the potatoes look!

Carrie said...

I love roasted potatoes, I have yet to try goat cheese, I really should.

Trisha said...

This looks so good and I just wanted to tell you that your plates are so cute! :)

Deborah said...

Very nice! It's not often you see a fresh variation on chicken. :)