Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Easy Meatball Hoagies

This meal is super easy and was delicious too!!

I bought frozen meatballs and put them in the crock-pot with spaghetti sauce. You can cook them on low for a long time or on high for just about 2 hours, depending on the amount of food in the crock-pot. I bought a big bag because I always like to have a meal that can last more than one night, so I used to jars of spaghetti sauce. I sautéed onions and green peppers with a little bit of seasoning. I bought some delicious, sweet, Italian bread for the buns.

When ready to assemble, place cheese (I used provolone and muenster) on one half of bread and then green peppers and onions on the other half. Place in the oven at 350 until the cheese is melted and the bread gets a little crunchy. Then, cut the meatballs in half and place on bread, and your sandwich is done! I cut the meatballs in half because I found that using the whole meatball just made it that much harder to eat because they kept falling out.

I have so many meatballs left! We had meatball hoagies for two nights (with the size of the bread, it should have lasted for four nights probably!) We will probably have spaghetti and meatballs or tortellini and meatballs another night this week!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Those look great! And I bet I could eat that whole loaf of bread by myself ;-)

Kayte said...

these look so good! and cutting the meatballs in half is such a great idea. i will have to remember that one :-)

Deborah said...

Wow, that is SOME sandwich!! Looks awesome! :)

ashley said...

you know what? i've never had a meatball sandwich. its one of those things i keep saying i need to try. i really do cause these look yummy!

Renea said...

I love homemade meatball subs. Looks great!

Ally said...

I could take a big bite of that right now! Yum!