Thursday, August 23, 2007

Leftover Steak with Chicken, Mexican Side, and Sweet Potato Fries!



My parents had us over for my uncle's birthday dinner this past weekend. I think my parents had 5 cows...there was enough steak for an army! So, we had leftovers! We ate leftovers the next day, and then I decided to make something different with the leftovers the next. I Sliced up some chicken and steak and sauted them together with some onion. I seasoned them with salt pepper, and a seasoned pepper mix that I have. Melted cheese on some hoagy rolls in the oven until the bread was a little crispy and made sandwiches.




I made sweet potato fries...YUM! Just peel and slice them, spray with cooking oil, and season however you like. I used garlic salt and seasoned pepper. Bake them in the oven at 350 for about 40-45 minutes. Here is a great tip I learned from my cooking board...her nest name is amief...instead of baking the potatoes on the cooking sheet, place them on a cooling rack ontop of the cooking sheet...then you don't have to flip them! Thanks for the tip!





Now, for my somewhat mexican side...I took two cans of corn, one can of black beans, a bag of frozen okra, one jalepeno chopped, and one diced onion. I sauteed them all together until everything was cooked and hot! I seasoned with lots of dried cilantro, seasoned pepper, and a little bit of garlic.





Dinner was pretty tasty!

1 comment:

Renea said...

Mmm the mexican dish looks tasty! I love okra.