Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

This recipe is originally from Sparkpeople.com. It is an easy favorite of the What's Cooking board. It makes plenty, so you'll have leftovers! Here's how I make it, but there's lots of was you can vary the recipe:




4 chicken breasts (I put mine in frozen to make sure they wouldn't overcook)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 16 oz jar salsa
1 can corn
1 can rinsed and drained black beans
1 cup reduced fat sour cream






Mix soup, salsa, and taco seasoning together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Before serving, shred the chicken, add corn, beans, and sour cream. Cook for a few more minutes until everything is heated through. This is great served with tortilla chips. I served it tonight rolled up in a tortilla shell with melted cheese and lettuce.

4 comments:

Ally said...

That looks great! I love how simple the recipe is!

Kayte said...

yummmmm! looks sooooo good

Sarah said...

I'm going to have to dig the crockpot out for this recipe!

Brittany said...

I'm trying this recipe tonight!! It looks so yummy!